Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Easy Birthday Cake Ideas



Some of the easiest birthday cakes I've done, have turned out the most beautiful. Don't be afraid to use the preformed pan, like Dora the Explorer or Barbie. These are easy ways to have a road map for what to decorate. They usually cost less than $10 and come with detailed instructions on how to bake and decorate the cake. You can even buy an icing color kit to match the character you are doing. After that, all you need is a star tip (#16) and you pipe stars all over in the appropriate colors. And something I didn't learn until after I had done too many of these cakes, they make a multi-star tip that pipes 3 stars at once! Talk about a time saver.





Another easy solution to your birthday cake dilemma is to use props on your cakes. My son loves the movie Cars. His little brother was born 2 days before his birthday, so we had a late party but I still wasn't up to making a big fancy cake. So I took some of his cars from the movie, used tip #46 to make a road and placed McQueen and The King as if they were racing. Of course we had to have Mater there off to the side and to make him look authentic, I used tip #233 to create grass around his tires. Now with only two unique tips and writing Happy Birthday, your loved one has a simple and tasty cake they will always remember!

No comments: