Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Birthday Cake - Puppy Dog

I love First Birthdays! Especially when I get to do one for my niece who is absolutely in love with dogs. She even barks every time she sees one!! So my sweet Sister-in-Law and I made this special cake for her daughters first birthday party...
The cake is just a 6 inch round. I like to give little One Year Olds a cake that's their size!

The little puppy on top is just made out of fondant. We sculpted all the little body parts and then blended them together with a fondant tool.

 I finished him off with some clear vanilla to give him a shiny appearance.
 And of course, the adults had to have a cake to eat! So I made a bigger dog all out of buttercream. After putting a thick coat of icing on her, I stuck the whole thing in the freezer for about 20 minutes. When it came out, I used a fork to scrape all over and give the look of fur.
Finish her off with a pink tongue and collar and she looks cute enough to pet!

1 comment:

inhyderabadshop said...

Awesome cakes to see in the given Blogger page, I really surprise to see this different variety of cakes in the web and I didn't seen like funny animal cakes in the market, the blog will much impress the animal lovers. A part from this animal cakes, the normal with colorful decorations are good see but I suggest to keep some Anchor text in the Blogs.............

inhyderabadshop
inhyderabadshop@gmail.com
http://www.inhyderabadmall.com/Cakes/