Thursday, December 31, 2009

Details of The Fisherman Groom's Cake

I think the neatest trick on this cake is the trees. They are grape vines dipped in chocolate!! I added green leaves to the tips when we arrived at the reception venue.

The little groom fishing wasn't too bad either. He is made out of fondant. I used a mixture of clear vanilla and food coloring gel to paint on his clothes and hair. His fishing pole is a toothpick. The little tackle box beside him is made of fondant also.The little fish popping out of the water is fondant also, but is only half a fish. Don't stress about what won't be seen! The geese and ducks are all standard cake toppers--hard plastic figurines. Check out all my groom's cakes.

1 comment:

Daughter said...

What a cool cake! I was just wondering, where did you get the plastic duck/goose cake toppers?